Because search queries can include different types of operators in a variety of combinations, PLWeb Turbo uses precedence
rules to govern the order in which a query's operations are processed.
When processing queries, PLWeb Turbo evaluates operators in the following order (all operators of equal precedence are
evaluated from left to right):
[Previous Topic] [Contents] [Next Topic]
- All operators not specified below, in order from left to right.
- Proximity operators-W/n, ADJ and its surrogates (hyphen, apostrophe, comma, period), NEAR/n-from left to
- The Boolean NOT operator.
- The Boolean AND operator.
- The Boolean OR operator.
- The query-level field restriction operator (/f:).